page numbers are cut off in footer

Old June 1st 06, 06:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default page numbers are cut off in footer

I have a six month old HP 5940 Deskjet printer. On both saved and new
documents when I print the document it cuts off half of the page number
located in the right footer postion (only the top 1/2 of the number prints).
This is very, very annoying. HP tech support says it's not the printer's
fault, but neither the Canon or Lexmark printers I've owned ever did this.
Please help.
Old June 1st 06, 07:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Inkjet printers have minimum margins for paper advancement. Make sure your
margins meet the minimum requirements, and make sure the footer margin and
bottom margin aren't conflicting, resulting in truncating the printout.

HTH

Old June 1st 06, 08:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

First check your page size in File | PageSetup | Paper. Is it A4 or US
Letter? Next go to File | Print and Properties and check the paper size is
the same. If these are the same then ...

What is your bottom margin? Printers usually need at least 25 mm or 1 inch
some need more. You may just need to give extra space to your footer. Go to
File | Page Setup | Layout and increase the Footer space a little.

Does this solve your problem?

--
Rae Drysdale

Old June 2nd 06, 01:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm

"stevelow1" wrote in message
I have a six month old HP 5940 Deskjet printer. On both saved and new
documents when I print the document it cuts off half of the page number
located in the right footer postion (only the top 1/2 of the number

prints).
This is very, very annoying. HP tech support says it's not the printer's
fault, but neither the Canon or Lexmark printers I've owned ever did this.
Please help.

page numbers Jarski Microsoft Word Help 1 May 27th 06 12:28 PM
Restart Page No Deletes Even Page Footer chris Formatting Long Documents 6 April 24th 06 04:17 PM
Want to start page 1 numbering after five pages - how? RM Page Layout 6 April 5th 06 05:07 AM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 05:51 PM
page numbers in footer sudheer Microsoft Word Help 3 October 20th 05 03:07 PM