How do I manually put in page numbers

Old June 4th 06, 01:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How do I manually put in page numbers

I have been attempting to number my pages based on a required project fromat
that require the first page in the footer and all subsequent pages in the
header but have not been successful in doing so. Any suggestions?
Old June 4th 06, 02:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

all about peaches wrote:

...fromat...

As this is a food fan, there is some joke about fromage here
Old June 4th 06, 04:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Don't try to use Insert | Page Numbers. Instead, first check the box for
"Different first page" on the Layout tab of Page Setup. Then View | Header
and Footer and put your page number in the First Page Footer and default
Header. Do this by clicking the Insert Page Number button on the Header and
Footer toolbar. Position it using paragraph alignment or the built-in tab
stops.

"all about peaches" wrote in
message ...