Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dramajuana

Default Table Question

Is it possible to grey the bg on every other row without too much messing
around?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Depends on what you think is "too much messing around". Much easier in
Excel.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"dramajuana" wrote in message
Is it possible to grey the bg on every other row without too much messing
around?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

How is this easier in Excel? Perhaps in Excel 2007, but for previous
versions you need to use conditional formatting and the MOD function
in order to get striped rows that adapt when you insert/delete rows.
Word, on the other hand, all you need to do is use a table style.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Depends on what you think is "too much messing around". Much easier
in Excel.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"dramajuana" wrote in message
Is it possible to grey the bg on every other row without too much
messing
around?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I needed to do that in Excel recently and found a site that told me exactly
what I needed. Took me about 5 seconds and Excel is not my strong point.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

I guess my definition of "too much messing around" is a little
different. I'd have to say finding a site on the web with instructions
for how to accomplish this in Excel requires more "messing around"
than a few clicks in the application to apply a table style.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
I needed to do that in Excel recently and found a site that told me
exactly what I needed. Took me about 5 seconds and Excel is not my
strong point.

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
How is this easier in Excel? Perhaps in Excel 2007, but for
previous versions you need to use conditional formatting and the
MOD function in order to get striped rows that adapt when you
insert/delete rows. Word, on the other hand, all you need to do is
use a table style.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Depends on what you think is "too much messing around". Much
easier in Excel.

"dramajuana" wrote in
message ...
Is it possible to grey the bg on every other row without too much
messing
around?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Surfing the web is fun for me. :-)

I know - I'm weird.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Apply a table style/AutoFormat that includes row shading?

"dramajuana" wrote in message
Is it possible to grey the bg on every other row without too much messing
around?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

Yes - what you want can easily be done by using Table/Table
AutoFormat. Table Contemporary, Table List, and Table List 6 all have
gray stripes. If there is one that is close to what you want you can
easily modify it by clicking the "Modify" command. There you'll find
the ability to modify the various table formats such as borders, odd
row stripes, even row stripes, first row, last row, etc.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

Table question Peter Tables 2 May 22nd 06 10:31 PM
Another Table of Contents question Curare Microsoft Word Help 5 August 23rd 05 10:19 PM
Autoshapes in Table question Mike Hyndman New Users 2 January 28th 05 06:13 PM
Dragging table column resets Sedonakids Tables 0 January 12th 05 01:11 AM
Row height problem with table in table Stephanie T. Tables 0 November 23rd 04 03:35 PM