How do I type in a template without existing words/lines moving?

Old June 15th 06, 06:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I type in a template without existing words/lines moving?

I have a form that I use and others can also use as a template. When filling
in blank lines the lines move towards the right as I type. How can I make
the blank lines stay where they are positioned and type text on the line?
Old June 15th 06, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm
and http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...nTheBlanks.htm .

Old June 16th 06, 01:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

What you are talking about may be what Word calls an "online form." Check
this in help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles.

Hope this helps,