How to autofill a line with periods?

Old June 20th 06, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to autofill a line with periods?

I'm trying to complete a document that looks like a restaurant menu with the
item on the left margin and the price on the right margin with periods
filling the space in between the two items? Is there a way to set this up
automatically?
--
Thanks,
Bill
Old June 20th 06, 02:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use tabs and set them up with a dotted leader.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old June 20th 06, 02:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you're referring to is a dot leader. To accomplish this:

Format|Tabs
Click on Clear all
Type in the where you want your tab stop to be (right side)
Click Right
Select number 2 which is the dot leader.
OK

Now type your entry in your menu and hit tab and your dot leader should
appear.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

Old June 20th 06, 03:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

:-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]