Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BorisS

Default "insert bookmark" list

I have some quirky behavior when I use the insert bookmark (ctrl-k) function.
I am using the 'places in this document' option for what to show as list
items to pick from. Sometimes I can single click inside the list and hit a
letter to quick-find that letter's start in the list (the first entry that
appears with that letter as the start), and sometimes when I do it, nothing
happens. What am I supposed to be doing to get this to always work (my list
is quite long, and so this is quite helpful)?

Thanks
--
Boris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Look into the Table of Contents feature which includes hyperlinks.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"BorisS" wrote in message
I have some quirky behavior when I use the insert bookmark (ctrl-k)
function.
I am using the 'places in this document' option for what to show as list
items to pick from. Sometimes I can single click inside the list and hit
letter to quick-find that letter's start in the list (the first entry that
appears with that letter as the start), and sometimes when I do it,
nothing
happens. What am I supposed to be doing to get this to always work (my
list
is quite long, and so this is quite helpful)?

Thanks
--
Boris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BorisS

that's what I meant. I am trying to insert hyperlinks, and have to look into
the bookmark list (places in this document list) to find the places to
hyperlink to. Given I have tons of these marks in this particular 110 page
document, I need to find them quickly without scrolling. And the quick find
using first letter function selectively works. Just curious why it's
selective and on what basis.

Thx.
--
Boris

"BorisS" wrote in message
I have some quirky behavior when I use the insert bookmark (ctrl-k)

function.
I am using the 'places in this document' option for what to show as list
items to pick from. Sometimes I can single click inside the list and hit

letter to quick-find that letter's start in the list (the first entry that
appears with that letter as the start), and sometimes when I do it,

nothing
happens. What am I supposed to be doing to get this to always work (my

list
is quite long, and so this is quite helpful)?

Thanks
--
Boris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BorisS

But the problem is that I need to include a link TO a hyperlink, and not all
in one place, but selectively throughout a document. In other words, I have
a table, where I'm writing comments about the document. I am trying to
reference certain places in the document as I write, and so have bookmarked
all those places, and now inserting hlinks to them all for text which I
highlight in my comments.

So are you saying there is a better way than:

1) highlight comment words from which to link
2) ctrl-k
3) find bookmark in list of "places in this document"

to go about doing what I described above?

And if not, then the question is still why I cannot, on select occasions,
click into that bookmark list, type the first letter of the mark I am looking
for, and have the list go to that point in the list.

Thx again if there's any more insight I'm missing.
--
Boris