Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Error# 5852 Requested Object Is Not Available

I have a VB Script that executes to create a mail merge. The only
problem is that it works fine under one Windows profile, but when I log
in as a different user (same rights), it fails with the above error
message. What am I missing? A template? A registration?

The script executes correctly until this is performed (which is when I
get the error message listed above):

With oWord.ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
.Execute
End With

Again, this works when executed under one profile, but not the new
profile.

-Heather
heatherpanek(at)gmail.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Can the merge be run manually when logged in under the second profile. I
suspect that the datasource is not available to that user because it is in
the original users C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\My Data
Sources folder.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a VB Script that executes to create a mail merge. The only
problem is that it works fine under one Windows profile, but when I log
in as a different user (same rights), it fails with the above error
message. What am I missing? A template? A registration?

The script executes correctly until this is performed (which is when I
get the error message listed above):

With oWord.ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
.Execute
End With

Again, this works when executed under one profile, but not the new
profile.

-Heather
heatherpanek(at)gmail.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I haven't tried to run it manually, that was my next step though (to
try to recreate the merge/datasource connection).

The file that has the information in it to do the merge from (it is a
text file created earlier in the script) is in the same location as the
"templates" for the main merge document. All of these locations are on
a server which both profiles have access to. I can see that the data
source has been updated by the timestamp, but it just won't create the
merges/open the new documents step.

I have copied just about everything that I can (that isn't read-only
locked) from the original profile to the new profile. I've even copied
over the normal.dot, thinking that may be part of the issue. I've also
looked in Word under the original profile for Add-Ins or COMs, but
there are none listed. I am truely at a loss for this!!! Any other
ideas of something I may be missing?

Thanks in advance,
HP

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Can the merge be run manually when logged in under the second profile. I
suspect that the datasource is not available to that user because it is in
the original users C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\My Data
Sources folder.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a VB Script that executes to create a mail merge. The only
problem is that it works fine under one Windows profile, but when I log
in as a different user (same rights), it fails with the above error
message. What am I missing? A template? A registration?

The script executes correctly until this is performed (which is when I
get the error message listed above):

With oWord.ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
.Execute
End With

Again, this works when executed under one profile, but not the new
profile.

-Heather
heatherpanek(at)gmail.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The first thing that I would do is see if you can execute the merge
manually. You said that was the next thing you were going to do. Make it
the first.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

oups.com...

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Can the merge be run manually when logged in under the second profile. I
suspect that the datasource is not available to that user because it is
in
the original users C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\My
Data
Sources folder.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a VB Script that executes to create a mail merge. The only
problem is that it works fine under one Windows profile, but when I log
in as a different user (same rights), it fails with the above error
message. What am I missing? A template? A registration?

The script executes correctly until this is performed (which is when I
get the error message listed above):

With oWord.ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
.Execute
End With

Again, this works when executed under one profile, but not the new
profile.

-Heather
heatherpanek(at)gmail.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Try what Doug says...

But has the registry value

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\W ord\Options\SQLSecurityCheck

been set up (to be 0) for one user but not the other?

(This value is documented in the following KB article:

)

Peter Jamieson

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a VB Script that executes to create a mail merge. The only
problem is that it works fine under one Windows profile, but when I log
in as a different user (same rights), it fails with the above error
message. What am I missing? A template? A registration?

The script executes correctly until this is performed (which is when I
get the error message listed above):

With oWord.ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
.Execute
End With

Again, this works when executed under one profile, but not the new
profile.

-Heather
heatherpanek(at)gmail.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

When I tried to run it manually, I got the following error:

"Opening this will run the following SQL command:
SELECT * FROM (datasource)
Data from your document will be placed in the document. Do you want to
continue?"

I read the KB article that Peter referenced which states this same
error so I made the changes to the registry, and ran it again. This
time it worked successfully!!!

Thank you all for your help!!!! :-)

-HP

Peter Jamieson wrote:
Try what Doug says...

But has the registry value

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\W ord\Options\SQLSecurityCheck

been set up (to be 0) for one user but not the other?

(This value is documented in the following KB article:

)

Peter Jamieson

oups.com...