Insert a dotted line with cutting scissors.

Old June 28th 06, 04:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Insert a dotted line with cutting scissors.

How do I insert a scissors cutting symbol with a dotted line to show people
where to cut off a section of a document?
Old June 28th 06, 04:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is a type of line art that has that. Let me open Word and try to find
it.

Okay - this is frustrating. I know how to do it with Publisher but doing it
with Word is different. It wants to limit adding the line art as a page or
section border but then you can't just grab the corner and make it fit
whatever you want. Maybe if it was surrounding a text box?

( Can you tell I use Publisher more often for doing "fancy stuff"? Much,
much easier...at least for me.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old June 28th 06, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can also use a format, tab, tab leader with the dotted lines.

Old June 28th 06, 06:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

2 Steps: you're going to insert a scissors symbol and draw a line:
Scissors: In a text box: INSERT SYMBOL (select Wingdings as font and
pick your scissors and click on Insert button).

For line: draw a line and then right click, select EDIT AUTOSHAPE DASHED
LINES (and change weight)

"Diane" wrote:

How do I insert a scissors cutting symbol with a dotted line to show people
where to cut off a section of a document?

No "symbols" line under "Insert" in Microsoft Word 2002 Lee McKnight Microsoft Word Help 6 September 6th 06 04:27 AM
how do you insert a blank line rpmgtgirl New Users 1 September 10th 05 04:16 PM
How to remove the purple dotted line for smart tags Kamilla Winther Microsoft Word Help 1 August 31st 05 02:22 PM
dotted line Lissa Microsoft Word Help 2 August 15th 05 04:59 PM
How to insert a line in Word that can be filled in (w/ type) and . cope49 Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 04 03:27 PM