How do I put labels in Alphabetical order?

Old June 30th 06, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I put labels in Alphabetical order?

I have six pages of labels that are not in alphabetical order. I would like
to put these labels in alphatecial order so I dont have to search thru pages
and pages of labels to find the one I want. I have tried to sort by A - Z
and also by column but it does not work how I want it to, It justs puts the
one column in alphabetically and not the entire page. But I want all pages to
A - Z?
Old June 30th 06, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You really need a mail merge data source. Sort first, then make your labels.
(I used to do it the way you do. Believe me, it's a big pain in the butt
that can be avoided.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old July 1st 06, 06:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm followed by

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org