My links have disappeared

Old July 5th 06, 02:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pennyvr

Default My links have disappeared

I am using MS Word 2003. I have a number of hyperlinks and cross-references
in a document. Some of the text of the links have disappeared, but the links
themselves appear to be there. I have read about a similar problem where the
"Hyperlink" style was hidden text, but that isn't my problem.

If I copy and paste into a new (blank) document, the text reappears. If I
copy and paste the whole document, the text is still missing. What's more, my
problem starts in the middle of a section e.g. on page 13 of section 3 my
hyperlinks and cross-references are perfect, and on page 14 of section 3 the
text has disappeared.

If I right-click where the text should be, I can select "Edit Hyperlink" and
I can see the text I want in the "Text to Display" box. I click "OK" but
still nothing appears in the document. If I "Remove Hyperlink" my text
reappears, but if I then create a hyperlink, the text disappears again.

Any suggestions?
Old July 5th 06, 09:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Check the formatting of both the FollowedHyperlink and Hyperlink
character styles; make sure that none of them is formatted as hidden
or in white text color.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old July 6th 06, 06:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pennyvr

I have fixed this inadvertently, while trying to reduce my file size. I
think it was fixed when I opened the document using the "Open and Repair"
option.
Thanks for the help!

Old July 7th 06, 08:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Apparently there was some corruption in the document. I'm glad to
learn that you were able to fix it!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP