how do i print landscape to 8.5 X 22 inch paper

Old July 17th 06, 02:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pagepoints

Default how do i print landscape to 8.5 X 22 inch paper

I am printing a sign that needs to be 5" X 22" In Word 2003 I defined a
custom size and typed the sign. I put two unseparated sheets of pinfeed paper
( without the pin area) in the manual feed tray, selected landscape, no dual
sided on the printer (HP 8500 Mopier) The result is only the second half of
the document, printed in the direction I want on the second half of the 22"
wide paper.

Old July 18th 06, 02:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pagepoints

Thank you for the reply.

The printer Manual feed tray takes any lenth you care to feed it. In further
experimentation I selected Layout = landscape, Paper size = 11.7X17, Scale to
paper size = 11.7X17.7. It works but it is a bit hokey.

Perhaps you have a more elegant solution?

Old July 20th 06, 05:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There is free software (GPL, open source) that will allow you to create
a poster or sign by printing it to multiple pages of output. It will
automatically deal with splitting an image between multiple pages for
you, and will take into account a printer's ability to print to the
entire page surface vertically (i.e. pin-feed or tractor feed),
although you have to set up your printer's configuration options to
reflect this ability.

The main web site, with screen shots to really show you what it can do,
is http://posterprinter.sourceforge.net/

If you want to download it right away, the download page at
SourceForge is
https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=172256

The fail-safe "Directory" web site is
http://www.geocities.com/poster_printer