Change font for a single character in a Word document?

Old July 24th 06, 02:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Level Editor

Default Change font for a single character in a Word document?

I have a document that is entirely in Arial font. I want to change commas
only ( , s ) to the Times New Roman font. Find and Replace cannot do this.

Is there some way to change the font style for a single character in a Word
2003 document?
Old July 24th 06, 03:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Edit Replace certainly can do this.

- First click the More button in the dialog to expand it.

- Type a comma in the Find What box.

- Type a comma in the Replace With box.

- Click the Format button at the bottom of the dialog, choose Font from the
popup menu, and select Times New Roman from the font list. Click OK.

- Click the Replace All button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old July 24th 06, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Level Editor

Jay,

That worked perfectly! Thank you so much! You saved me and my department a
great deal of time.

Hope I can return the favor sometime in the future.

Best of luck,
-Mark