Normal File already exists?

Old December 27th 04, 10:04 PM
Tieu

Default Normal File already exists?

Hi there,

Every time I close Word 2003, I got this message: "The file Normal already
exists. Do you want to replace the existing file?" There are 3 buttons:
Save, No and Cancel. If I click Save, Word will save and exit. If I click
NO, Word will ask me enter a file to save. Anyone knows how to fix this
problem? It's annoying that you have to click SAVE every time exit Word.

I have: Office 2003 Pro SP1, WinXP Home Pro SP2. Thanks in advance.

Old December 27th 04, 10:43 PM
garfield-n-odie

Try disabling the Office Plugin that comes with Symantec/Norton
AntiVirus. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use
Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more info.

Old December 27th 04, 11:15 PM
TF

See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...514521033.aspx

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Tieu" wrote in message
: Hi there,
:

Old December 28th 04, 07:48 AM
Graham Mayor

In addition to the solutions already posted, you may also get this message
if you have an orphan temporary file left from normal.dot see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm. As orphans are
always a result of crashes and as they often cause problems, you should
investigate these first.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old December 28th 04, 02:30 PM
Tieu

Thank you all. I unregistered OFFICEAV.DLL. Everything's back to normal.
Thanks again.