How do I create a pdf from Word with bleed and crop marks?

Old August 2nd 06, 01:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aurora

Default How do I create a pdf from Word with bleed and crop marks?

--
Aurora
Old August 2nd 06, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

The features you are seeking are readily available in a page layout program,
but not most word processors - including Word. There are ways to
"improvise", but you'd most likely find it easier and far more accurate to
add the printer's marks in the PDF program once you create that file.
Acrobat Professional gives you all the tools you need, but if your PDF
software doesn't support printer's marks you might try placing the Word
content into a Publisher file or using some other DTP software to create the
PDF from rather than directly from the doc.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Aurora" wrote in message

Aurora

Old August 2nd 06, 03:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aurora

Thanks Bob, unfortunately, the whole idea was not to pass through a publisher
tool and use directly Word. It is mainly a question of time.
--
Aurora

"CyberTaz" wrote:

The features you are seeking are readily available in a page layout program,
but not most word processors - including Word. There are ways to
"improvise", but you'd most likely find it easier and far more accurate to
add the printer's marks in the PDF program once you create that file.
Acrobat Professional gives you all the tools you need, but if your PDF
software doesn't support printer's marks you might try placing the Word
content into a Publisher file or using some other DTP software to create the
PDF from rather than directly from the doc.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"Aurora" wrote in message

Aurora

Old August 2nd 06, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Then it may depend on which PDF generator you're using. If Acrobat (on the
same system as Word) when you go to the Print dialog, select Adobe PDF as
the printer, then click Properties. On the Adobe PDF Settings page choose
from the Default Settings, then click Edit. When you select the

"CyberTaz" wrote:

The features you are seeking are readily available in a page layout
program,
but not most word processors - including Word. There are ways to
"improvise", but you'd most likely find it easier and far more accurate
add the printer's marks in the PDF program once you create that file.
Acrobat Professional gives you all the tools you need, but if your PDF
software doesn't support printer's marks you might try placing the Word
content into a Publisher file or using some other DTP software to create
the
PDF from rather than directly from the doc.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"Aurora" wrote in message

Aurora

Old August 2nd 06, 05:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Then I believe the best solution is to generate the PDF and use its features
to mark crops & bleeds.

If you're using Acrobat Pro 7.x you may be able to specify the settings
through the Print dialog, but I've never used the feature. Click Properties
after selecting Adobe PDF as your printer, then click the Edit button
(adjacent to the Default Settings: list) & select the Standards folder.
You'll need to select a valid Compliance standard in order to activate the
settings on that page of the dialog. Beyond that I am not familiar with the
feature or what may be prerequisite for them to function effectively (such
as having specified oversize paper, etc.).

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"CyberTaz" wrote:

The features you are seeking are readily available in a page layout
program,
but not most word processors - including Word. There are ways to
"improvise", but you'd most likely find it easier and far more accurate
add the printer's marks in the PDF program once you create that file.
Acrobat Professional gives you all the tools you need, but if your PDF
software doesn't support printer's marks you might try placing the Word
content into a Publisher file or using some other DTP software to create
the
PDF from rather than directly from the doc.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac