How do I find the "plus or minus" sign?

Old August 2nd 06, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dita@ut

Default How do I find the "plus or minus" sign?

I need the mathematical "plus or minus" sign, i.e. a plus sign over a minus
sign. Is there a trick or a symbol I have missed?
Old August 2nd 06, 06:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Alt+0177

Old August 2nd 06, 06:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

You can hold down the Alt key while you type 0177 on the number pad (with
NumLock turned on). Or you can use the Insert Symbol dialog, where you'll
find it about 20 characters past the lower case z. If you use it a lot, you
can assign a shortcut key combination to it.

For general info on inserting symbols, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Mail Merge Find Button Terri Mailmerge 2 January 19th 06 07:01 PM
Using "Find and Replace" for Symbols Hi Ho Silver Microsoft Word Help 4 June 10th 05 01:44 AM
How to insert a Symbol into the Find and Replace Function in Word EamonX1 Microsoft Word Help 5 May 16th 05 12:48 PM
Find and Replace anomaly BruceM Microsoft Word Help 7 January 18th 05 05:47 PM
--A Find & Replace Question-- KlikThis Microsoft Word Help 3 January 1st 05 05:58 PM