Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RTT RTT is offline

Default Hyperlink Problem - Unexpected Error Has Occurred

I am attempting to put in a hyperlink to an internal web site that requires a
log-in. When I click on the hyperlink, I receive "An Expected Error Has
Occurred" The document is a guidebook that should have links to sites on the
intranet. Not all will have access to the site, but should be able to get to
the log-in page at least.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Is the error coming from Word or from Internet Explorer?

If from Word, what exactly is the field code you've used? (press Alt-F9 to
see it)

"RTT" wrote in message
I am attempting to put in a hyperlink to an internal web site that requires
log-in. When I click on the hyperlink, I receive "An Expected Error Has
Occurred" The document is a guidebook that should have links to sites on
the
intranet. Not all will have access to the site, but should be able to get
the log-in page at least.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RTT RTT is offline

Thanks, Jezebel, the error comes from Word in the form of a pop-up
message/diaglog box. It has the blue bar across the top with "Microsoft
Office Word" in it, a grey background with a yield sign and exclamation point
in it. The exact wording in the message box is: "An Unexpected error has
occurred."

I tried changing the hyperlink to Yahoo.com just to see if the security
might have something to do with it and I got the same message. Here is what
I see in the text when I push Alt/F9

{HYPERLINK "http://www.yahoo.com"}