Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SkyEyes SkyEyes is offline

Default Citrix, Missing Pictures and Red X on Certain Documents

We currently have a problem with Citrix users that they will receive a
document and a red X will appear where pictures are suppose to. Other
documents that include pictures appear fine. So we saw the embedded picture
TID, but that is not the case because once we rename the citrix profile, all
is well on that picture.

The problem we keep having is we can't go renaming this profile and that
every time they receive a specific document and can't view pictures. What
gives?

Obviously this cannot be an embedded picture problem or the problem would
still exist after the partner receives a new citrix profile. Correct??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

A Red X means (among other things...) "The picture cannot be 'found'".

If re-naming the user profile "fixes" the problem, it indicates to me that
the picture is a) not in the document, and b) stored on a drive to which the
user does not have access.

T sounds to me like a mapped drive problem on that profile (or the model
profile from which you are creating the profiles).

You may be able to work around it by teaching your users to use
InsertPicture and do NOT check "Link to file". That creates a local copy
of the picture within the document itself.

Of course, it will substantially increase the file size. But if it cures
the problem, you now know what it is (the drive is not mapped correctly for
that user...)

This is just the first shot of a diagnostic chain: Red X's can also mean
"corrupt document" (which wouldn't be fixed by renaming the profile) or "Not
enough memory" (which can be a Citrix problem...)

Hope this helps

On 7/8/06 11:48 PM, in article
, "SkyEyes"
wrote:

We currently have a problem with Citrix users that they will receive a
document and a red X will appear where pictures are suppose to. Other
documents that include pictures appear fine. So we saw the embedded picture
TID, but that is not the case because once we rename the citrix profile, all
is well on that picture.

The problem we keep having is we can't go renaming this profile and that
every time they receive a specific document and can't view pictures. What
gives?

Obviously this cannot be an embedded picture problem or the problem would
still exist after the partner receives a new citrix profile. Correct??

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SkyEyes SkyEyes is offline

The document is never touched. The profile is renamed and they can then view
the pictures. We currently have a logo that was inserted with Insert,
picture from file (there is no LINK TO something checkbox, you select the
file and insert). The logo shows up for everyone except one lady, same
rights, same everything. We are again about to rename her profile.

Any other fixes??