Helvetica font

Old August 22nd 06, 08:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wli2k2

Default Helvetica font

This might be a stupid queston but how can I get the Helvetica font in
Microsoft Word 2003? Some of our users have this font and others do not.

Please help.
Thanks!
Old August 22nd 06, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Helvetica is not a font that is included with any Microsoft software or
operating system. To get it you will either need to buy it or install a
program that includes it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old August 22nd 06, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

No clue - you'll have to see what the others have installed or use Google.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

news

Old August 22nd 06, 10:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wli2k2

The user that can select the Helvetica font in Word did not have the font
under control panel\fonts which I found strange.

You said it may be a resident font on the printer; can you clearify what you
mean?

Thanks for your help!

Old August 22nd 06, 11:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Some printers come with fonts built into their memory. These fonts will
usually be listed with a printer icon in the font list in Word. HP printers
usually supply TrueType versions of the residents fonts for use as display
fonts, but when you print (unless you specify that the fonts are to be
downloaded as soft fonts), the printer uses the resident font (which in some
cases slightly differs from the display font).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It may be a resident font on the printers used by some users; otherwise,

it
may come with some Adobe product.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.