Missing text with pdf Conversion

Old August 26th 06, 12:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam

Default Missing text with pdf Conversion

When I convert my Word document to pdf, the pdf file has whole chunks of text
missing.

The file is a table that is four pages long. No embedded stuff or graphics
in it, just text with different styles applied.

I can't find a pattern (i.e., it is not just one style that is missing, a
block of text is missing from every page but not in the same place, some part
of a row will print out but not others).

I have checked that under Tools Options Drawing Objects is checked.
Although as mentioned, it's text within a table.

Using Word 2000 on stand alone XP and Acrobat 5.

Any help with this hair-puller, greatly appreciated!
karen
Old August 26th 06, 02:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Will said missing text print on a regular printer?

BTW - You might be able to start a new fashion trend if you pull enough
chunks out but I don't think I'll be adopting that style any time soon. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old August 26th 06, 11:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam

Hi JoAnn,

Thx a mint for replying to this post.

Yes, the text shows in print preview, and prints on a standard laser printer
(HP Laserjet 4050).

just call me patch-head
karen

Old August 27th 06, 12:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Dear Patch-head,

Any chance you missing text all uses the same font that happens to be
something different than the rest of the document?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Will said missing text print on a regular printer?

BTW - You might be able to start a new fashion trend if you pull enough
chunks out but I don't think I'll be adopting that style any time soon.
;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old August 27th 06, 01:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam

haha...

Nope, most of the text in that column is "Normal" style including chunks
that are missing and text portions that show up properly in the pdf. Any
ideas?

cheers,
patch-ier

Old August 27th 06, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Patch-ier -

Can you send me the file or is it proprietary?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old August 27th 06, 10:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam

Hi JoAnn,

I sent it to you - thx! If you don't get it can you pls re-post a reply. I
sent it to the e-mail above with "no spam" removed.

cheers,
patchier karen

Old August 28th 06, 01:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Nothing has shown up. Try using this address: jl dot paules at gmail dot com

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old August 28th 06, 11:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam

okie dokie, I re-sent it to that address. Pls re-post if nothing shows up.

thx!
karen, the patch head

Old August 28th 06, 11:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I got the file. When I converted it with Acrobat, all of the text showed up.
Which program are you using to create .pdf files?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]