Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kamran Kamran is offline

Default Removing trailing spaces in a table

Hello,
Is there a way to remove trailing spaces from a very long table? The table
contains nearly all text, many of which have a space or two at the end of the
text in the cell. When dealing with regular text outside of a table I search
for " ^p" but that doesn't work in tables. I've also tried all the available
Special Characters available in the Find/Replace box. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kam.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select the table column containing the text with trailing spaces.
Change the paragraph alignment to centered, and then change it
back to left- or full-justified. This should remove both leading
and trailing spaces from the text.

Kamran wrote:

Hello,
Is there a way to remove trailing spaces from a very long table? The table
contains nearly all text, many of which have a space or two at the end of the
text in the cell. When dealing with regular text outside of a table I search
for " ^p" but that doesn't work in tables. I've also tried all the available
Special Characters available in the Find/Replace box. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kam.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kamran Kamran is offline

SWEET!! I thought I knew all the tricks in the MS Word book. I've been
using advanced Word features for at least 10 years, but that little feature
has somehow eluded me....
Thanks,
Kam.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I should have tried that, as I started to suggest it but then had a doubt
that it actually cleared trailing as well as leading spaces.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Kamran wrote:

Hello,
Is there a way to remove trailing spaces from a very long table? The

table
contains nearly all text, many of which have a space or two at the end

of the
text in the cell. When dealing with regular text outside of a table I

search
for " ^p" but that doesn't work in tables. I've also tried all the

available
Special Characters available in the Find/Replace box. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kam.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Abrehmer Abrehmer is offline

I cannot get the TRIM function to work in my spreadsheet. I have copied and
pasted data from an external source, but forgot to paste special values.
Now, I have leading spaces that will not allow me to change the format so
that I can sum and manipulate as actual numbers. Any idea on how I can fix?

Kamran wrote:

Hello,
Is there a way to remove trailing spaces from a very long table? The table
contains nearly all text, many of which have a space or two at the end of the
text in the cell. When dealing with regular text outside of a table I search
for " ^p" but that doesn't work in tables. I've also tried all the available
Special Characters available in the Find/Replace box. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kam.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If it is, I know of a terrific add-in that does that and SCADS of other very
helpful little tasks.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]