Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JDO3 JDO3 is offline

Default Email signature does not appear as formatted

Word is my edit program for email in Outlook. I created an email signature
and formatted it the way I want it to appear. Everything is in "Bold". When I
click on "New" to create a new message my signature is not in "Bold".
Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

You've saved the signature in Plain Text format, or you're sending the email
in plain text format: either won't support formatting of any kind.

Be aware that in Outlook you have THREE signatures, one for Plain Text, one
for HTML, and one for RTF.

Make three copies of your signature and save them each in the appropriate
format: DefaultTXTSignature.txt, DefaultHTMLSignature.htm and
DefaultRTFSignatue.rtf

Now (and this is the important bit...) set each of the formats in turn as
your default compose format in Outlook, then choose the correct signature
for that format.

Once you have associated the signature in the correct format with each of
the email transport formats, it will all work :-)

Cheers

On 3/9/06 8:30 AM, in article
, "JDO3"
wrote:

Word is my edit program for email in Outlook. I created an email signature
and formatted it the way I want it to appear. Everything is in "Bold". When I
click on "New" to create a new message my signature is not in "Bold".
Any suggestions?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lois_lane lois_lane is offline

I use Word as my e-mail editor and I have changed my name and updated my
e-mail signature in Word, Toosl, Options, E-mail Options. When I am in a new
e-mail message and insert my e-mail signature, it reverts to the old
signature.

I have gone into Outlook and un-ticked Word as editor and deleted my
signature there. I also deleted all my e-mail signatures in Word and started
all over again.

It still inserts my old signature when I use "Word as e-mail editor". I
can't figure out where it is still getting this old signature from!!!

wrote:

Word is my edit program for email in Outlook. I created an email signature
and formatted it the way I want it to appear. Everything is in "Bold". When I
click on "New" to create a new message my signature is not in "Bold".
Any suggestions?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire Joe McGuire is offline

The default location for the signatures is c:\Documents and
Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures. If you are using
Word as your editor you can format your signature in Word and save it in the
htm/html format, as well as the other formats.

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread. Please do not
email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jonathan589 Jonathan589 is offline

I found this very helpful and it showed why I was constantly muddling up the
signatures. I'm using WD/OL2003

But ...

I have done just what you said (I think) but it still needs extra massaging.
If my transport is set to HTML, and default signature to the HTML one, a new
message is just right. If I change the transport to RTF, the signature also
needs changed because it won't magically pick up the RTF signature even
though that's what I'd set when designing it? Ditto Txt one