Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kokomojo Kokomojo is offline

Default Default prompt for password

I'm wondering if it's possible in Word 2003/2002 to set a default that will
prompt the user to create a password (for editing and/or opening) for each
new document created.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Basing my response on all of the requests we get from people who forget
passwords - I hope not.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kokomojo" wrote in message
I'm wondering if it's possible in Word 2003/2002 to set a default that
will
prompt the user to create a password (for editing and/or opening) for each
new document created.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The following in an autonew macro in the document template will work, but I
would urge caution.

Dim sPassword As String
sPassword = InputBox("Enter password for this document", "Password")
With ActiveDocument
.Password = sPassword
.WritePassword = sPassword
End With
MsgBox "The password for this document is " & sPassword & vbCr & _
"If you forget the password you will not be able to open the document"