Clicked "Save" instead of "Save As" and need to recover original

Old September 10th 06, 10:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patty

Default Clicked "Save" instead of "Save As" and need to recover original

I meant to click "Save As" but clicked "Save" by mistake. Is there a way to
recover the original document? I tried "Versions" under the File menu but
nothing appears. All suggestions are appreciated
Old September 10th 06, 11:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

If the doc has not been *closed* since you saved you can use Undo to go as
far back as necessary. If the doc has been closed I'm afraid you're out of
luck.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/10/06 5:33 PM, in article
, "Patty"

Old September 10th 06, 11:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

To add to this, Versions gets used only if you explicitly turn it on. It's
not automatic.

The only other possible salvation would be if you had "Always create backup
copy" enabled, in which case, there will be a file named Backup of
{filename}.wbk in the same folder as the original file (unless you've
already overwritten it as well).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
.. .

Old September 10th 06, 11:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patty

Default Clicked "Save" instead of "Save As" and need to recover origin

Thank you for your speedy response.

Old September 10th 06, 11:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patty

Thanks for the clarification.

Miracle of miracles, I actually backed up all my documents very recently and
have a copy of the document I need!

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

To add to this, Versions gets used only if you explicitly turn it on. It's
not automatic.

The only other possible salvation would be if you had "Always create backup
copy" enabled, in which case, there will be a file named Backup of
{filename}.wbk in the same folder as the original file (unless you've
already overwritten it as well).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
.. .

Old September 10th 06, 11:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Wow. This might be the first time I've ever seen that happen. ;-)

Congratulations. I'll bet you're doing another backup right now... right?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

To add to this, Versions gets used only if you explicitly turn it on.
It's
not automatic.

The only other possible salvation would be if you had "Always create
backup
copy" enabled, in which case, there will be a file named Backup of
{filename}.wbk in the same folder as the original file (unless you've
already overwritten it as well).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
.. .

Old September 11th 06, 03:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I was thinking that exact same thing. *No one* has ever posted back that
they found a back up.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

To add to this, Versions gets used only if you explicitly turn it on.
It's
not automatic.

The only other possible salvation would be if you had "Always create
backup
copy" enabled, in which case, there will be a file named Backup of
{filename}.wbk in the same folder as the original file (unless you've
already overwritten it as well).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com