Can I stop Word from deleting my text when I type in front of it?

Old September 12th 06, 06:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ashley Autumn

Default Can I stop Word from deleting my text when I type in front of it?

For some reason or another, Word will decide to start deleting my text when I
type in front of it. Meaning, I already have a sentence typed, like "My name
is Ashley," and if I try to change it to, "My first name is Ashley," the word
'name' starts to delete itself as I type the word 'first'. How the heck do I
stop this? I've tried saving the file, closing out of it, and then opening
it up again, but that won't work! Ahhh! What do I do?
Old September 12th 06, 06:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ashley Autumn

Default How to stop Word from overwriting your text!

Okay, so I just figured out how to fix it. Apparently, I accidently hit the
"Insert" button on my keyboard, which turned off the 'insert' function and
turned on the 'overwrite' function. To correct this, simply hit the "Insert"
button on your keyboard again. Thank goodness my boss knew how to correct it!