Can I use Office on the new iMac

Old September 13th 06, 06:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
soundsar

Default Can I use Office on the new iMac

I am considering purchasing the new iMax dual-core intel machine. Can I run
Office on it without problems?
Old September 13th 06, 06:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Run Office 'without problems' !? What planet are you from?

Old September 13th 06, 08:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

Eroticon V?
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

Old September 13th 06, 11:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joacim

Yes you can. But if you have no idea - you need a lot of help to get there!.

But it is COOOOL works like a charm on planet EARTH Jezebel.

You need to start at Apple site to get you going.
Try a Bootcamp Forum or a
Parallels Forum

GOOD LUCK!

Old September 13th 06, 03:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

As Joacim said, you can run WinOffice inside a Windows emulator (Parallels),
or reboot to launch Windows on the computer (using BootCamp). Not sure
whether you would need to buy a copy of Windows. Google would turn up a lot
of information on both those options--there's lots of chatter on the web
about them. Not sure whether Parallels has been updated for the very new
machines yet.

You can also buy MacOffice, which will run inside an extra layer called
Rosetta, but reports say the speed is fine, though you're better off the
more memory you put into it.
MacOffice official site:
http://www.microsoft.com/Mac
MacOffice consists of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Entourage (calendar/email)
and nothing else--no Visio, no Access, no Project. *Don't* buy the Pro
version with a new intel Mac.

Newsgroups for MacOffice questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

"soundsar" wrote in message
I am considering purchasing the new iMax dual-core intel machine. Can I
run
Office on it without problems?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Old September 13th 06, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cardlaw

I use Office 2004 on my Intel iMac; I had problems running Office X on
it, so upgraded.
The only major problems are more frequent crashes than I am used to,
and that some display fonts are apparently incompatible with Word 2004
(they display and print a generic non-serif text instead of the display
font).

--
Cardlaw
Old September 13th 06, 09:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

G'Day All,

So, to quote Jezebel:
Run Office 'without problems' !? What planet are you from?

It does not run without problems.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

Old September 14th 06, 12:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joacim

Neither does the planet!

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
G'Day All,

So, to quote Jezebel:

Old September 14th 06, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

....nor, indeed, the Cosmos...
--
Regards,