Looking for the Word 2000 "symbol" for the word "approximately"

Old September 14th 06, 04:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xxledd

Default Looking for the Word 2000 "symbol" for the word "approximately"

I'm trying to find the symbol that I can insert for the word "approximately"
in Word 2000.
Old September 14th 06, 04:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Check the Symbol font, character code 64 (decimal).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

Old September 14th 06, 05:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That would be "approximately equal to." For "approximately," usually just
the tilde is used; it's on the keyboard above the grave accent, usually at
the top left-hand corner.

Old September 14th 06, 07:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xxledd

TY Herb,
I actually found the correct symbol I was looking for 4-5 minutes after I
posted the question by just buzzing thru the symbols. But, I didn't know how
to cancel my cry for help. So, thank you for your time.
Edd

Old September 14th 06, 07:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xxledd

I found it a few minutes after I posted the question. I didn't know how to
cancel the the post, though. Thanks for your time.
Edd