How do I link headings back to table of contents

Old September 18th 06, 08:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mukisa

Default How do I link headings back to table of contents

How do I link headings back to table of contents?
Old September 18th 06, 08:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

If you are using Word 2003 (2002?), there is a Go To TOC button that
you can add to any toolbar. In Tools | Customize, look for the
GotoTableofContents command and drag it to the desired location.
Unfortunately, this command won't work if the table of contents is
built on TC fields.

Other options (more or less useful):

- Use the Back button on the Web toolbar.

- Press Ctrl+Home; this will move the cursor to the beginning of the
document which won't be what you asked for, but perhaps you'll find it
to be close enough.

- Bookmark the TOC heading and insert a hyperlink to it below each
document section.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP