delete a .tmp file that is locked

Old September 18th 06, 10:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron J

Default delete a .tmp file that is locked

I have a temporary file on my hard drive. I would like to delete it. The
original file has been deleted from my hard drive. The original file was
password protected. When I open the .tmp file it will only let me open it in
a read only window.

I am using Office Word 2003.

Old September 19th 06, 05:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If you are trying to delete it, why are you trying to open it?
See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com