Can Word open where I left off, not at beginning of file?

Old September 19th 06, 11:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Writing_Guy

Default Can Word open where I left off, not at beginning of file?

I am revising a lengthy manuscript in Word 2003, and every time I open the
file, the cursor is set at the top of page 1. How can I get Word to remember
where the cursor was when the file was last saved and open the file at that
point rather than at the beginning of the file?
Old September 19th 06, 11:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

After you've opened the document, you can press Shift+F5 to go to the
last edit point.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

Old September 19th 06, 04:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pop`

Writing_Guy wrote:
I am revising a lengthy manuscript in Word 2003, and every time I
open the file, the cursor is set at the top of page 1. How can I get
Word to remember where the cursor was when the file was last saved
and open the file at that point rather than at the beginning of the
file?

Shift-F5 takes you to the last edit point.

I also Insert Bookmarks here and there to make it easier to find things I'm
working on, especially if it involves spread out data.

Old September 20th 06, 11:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Writing_Guy

Okay, so I tried the Sift-F5 thing. It doesn't work. I tried making an edit,
saving, closing Word, reopening the file, and Shift-F5 does nothing. If I
skip the closing Word part, Shift-F5 will take me to the last edit point. Is
there another step, a setting somewhere, that I'm missing to get Shift-F5 to
work on a freshly opened file?