How do I work 'offline' in Word while still 'on line'?

Old September 20th 06, 07:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
usuklad

Default How do I work 'offline' in Word while still 'on line'?

I synch files from server to hard drive every time I switch PC off. Quite
often when I am at a remote location I want to access a file that is on my
hard drive rather than access the server version as it has a minimal
download/access time. However, latest XP automatically looks at server
version first which takes forever to download. In old days with 'My
briefcase' this problem did not exist. Short of logging off, how do I get the
system to access offline version of files preferentially if I am online?
Old September 20th 06, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Are the locations in Tools=Options=File locations set to look at the local hard drive as primary location?

Is the printer driver in File=Print one on the network or a local driver?

=======
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Old September 20th 06, 08:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
usuklad

Tools/Options/Files shows the network server as the default location for
documents
File/Print defaults to a network printer

Should I change the default location to the hard drive synched version of my
files? If so, how do I do this?
Appreciate your help.