Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Anne Carol Anne is offline

Default How do I stop a document from arbitrarily blacklining and bolding

I am working on a document that was previously formatted by someone else.
After adding other text I saved the document. Upon reopening it blocks of
text have either lost or gained bolding and have either lost or gained a
strikethrough.

I cannot figure out how this is arbitrarily happening.

Please help.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It sounds like the Track Changes feature is ON in the doc. Take a look here;

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Carol Anne" wrote in message
I am working on a document that was previously formatted by someone else.
After adding other text I saved the document. Upon reopening it blocks of
text have either lost or gained bolding and have either lost or gained a
strikethrough.

I cannot figure out how this is arbitrarily happening.

Please help.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Anne Carol Anne is offline

Default How do I stop a document from arbitrarily blacklining and bold

Thanks CyberTaz but that's not it. I redid the document with the correct
strikethroughs and bolding then copied it into a new document, saved it and
upon opening the new document things that were not struckthrough were now
struckthrough, things that had been bolded were no longer, somethings that
had been bolded changed to strikethrough, and on and on and on.

I close it and open it again and a completely different things happen like
where strikethroughs had appeared in error previsouly, the text was now bold.

Its as if my docuemnt is haunted!

"Carol Anne" wrote in message
I am working on a document that was previously formatted by someone else.
After adding other text I saved the document. Upon reopening it blocks of
text have either lost or gained bolding and have either lost or gained a
strikethrough.

I cannot figure out how this is arbitrarily happening.

Please help.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Perhaps it isn't the problem now, but I'll bet a $ to a doughnut that's how
it came about :-)... along with some of the other ways the doc may have been
handled. For whatever reason, though, the doc is no doubt corrupted.

I'm not sure what you mean by "redid the document", but if you further
edited the problem doc then pasted the whole thing to a new doc I'm afraid
you pasted the polution, too.

If you're *certain* that Track Changes is Off - rather just not displaying
the changes - try what you did once again *but* make sure you do not select
the last paragraph marker in the doc before you copy. Easy way = Ctrl+A,
Shift+LeftArrow, then copy & paste to a new blank doc. See if that makes a
difference.

Another option is to Save As - Save As Type: Plain Text, then open the text
file & Save As .doc & modify it. Less likely to succeed, plus you lose
anything other than exactly what the file type suggests.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones