word wont let me type

Old October 2nd 06, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ickle-Vix

Default word wont let me type

Hi! I recently got a laptop from a friend, when i tryed using microsoft word
it would'nt let me type anything and the toolbars were all grey so i cudent
click on them. I have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing has
changed can someone please help me with this.Thanks
Old October 2nd 06, 02:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Sounds like you have an expired trial version, or a full version that needs
activating (Help Activate)

--
Enjoy,
Tony

Old October 2nd 06, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron

Unless I am misunderstanding your post "Ickle-Vix" gave you the correct
information: On the Help menu, click Activate Product. If Word is activated,
a message tells you that the product was already activated. If Word is not
activated, the Office Activation Wizard appears to guide you through the
activation process.
--
Who Cares Who Dares Who Wins

Old October 2nd 06, 03:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ickle-Vix

nothing comes up though. i have tryed pressing it several times and its like
i havent even pressed anything. strange???

Old October 2nd 06, 04:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

I've never had an expired trial of Office, but what you describe sounds
exactly what I would expect. Are you quite sure that isn't what you've got?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Ickle-Vix" wrote in message
Hi! I recently got a laptop from a friend, when i tryed using

microsoft
word
it would'nt let me type anything and the toolbars were all grey so

cudent
click on them. I have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling and

nothing
has
changed can someone please help me with this.Thanks

How do I create Word macro that will run properly using copy/past. Joye Microsoft Word Help 1 June 23rd 06 10:41 PM
creating macros in word badavis Microsoft Word Help 1 June 23rd 06 05:15 PM
Reveal codes in a word document FUN101 Microsoft Word Help 3 April 25th 06 09:03 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Word 97 in Windows XP to maintain formatting Charlie''s Word VBA questions Microsoft Word Help 21 October 24th 05 09:49 PM