Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
crazycaper crazycaper is offline

Default Pictures being move when converting to subdocuments.

I am trying to make a mail merge of letters. These letters have my companies
logo along the top of the page as a picture. I need the files saved
seperately so I can email them out as attachments with personalized bodies.
When the mail merge occurs it makes a very long document with several
sections (each section is a new page of the mail merge) I can print this
easily, and it comes out perfect. My problem is when I try to split the
document into several subdocuments it throws my company logo down to a 2nd
page by itself, then sticks a 3rd blank page on the end of it. I have tried
messing with all the format options on the picture with wrapping, margins,
etc. but it does the same thing every time. How can split a master document
into several subdocuments w/o effecting the location of the picture?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi cc

crazycaper wrote:
I am trying to make a mail merge of letters. These letters have my companies
logo along the top of the page as a picture. I need the files saved
seperately so I can email them out as attachments with personalized bodies.
When the mail merge occurs it makes a very long document with several
sections (each section is a new page of the mail merge) I can print this
easily, and it comes out perfect. My problem is when I try to split the
document into several subdocuments it throws my company logo down to a 2nd
page by itself, then sticks a 3rd blank page on the end of it. I have tried
messing with all the format options on the picture with wrapping, margins,
etc. but it does the same thing every time. How can split a master document
into several subdocuments w/o effecting the location of the picture?

MVP Cindy Meister describes an approach using master documents to do
exactly what you are describing he

Save each merged letter as a separate file (by Cindy Meister)
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...q2.htm#SepFile

HTH
Robert
--