Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SheHappy SheHappy is offline

Default screen prints in doc take too long to be visible

Office 2003 - XP
I have a real problem with inserting/paste screen prints (or pics/photos)
into a document (especially if there are two or more). I create work
instructions for my department with screen prints for better understanding
and they either take too long to open/be visible or they don't appear at all.
My PC memory is quite adequate - and I don't have problems with other large
documents, seems to be just a problem with inserted screen prints and photos.
Does anybody else have that problem and how can one work around it? :-)
thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Video driver may be the fault.

Go to Display Properties Settings Advanced Troubleshoot, and drag the
Hardware Acceleration slider down three notches, you will be able to disable
Word from making the calls on the video driver that causes this problem.

Important: Changing the hardware acceleration does not solve the problem. It is
merely a method by which you can see that the problem lies with the video
driver.

Go to the manufacturer's web site, look around for an updated driver.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/p...649111033.aspx