Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KornDog KornDog is offline

Default Chart in mail merge

I have Office 2000 and need to create a mail merge to create 400+ reports.
The problem I am having is each report has two chart that should appear based
on information in the excel data sheet.

I have followed the information from Cindy's Meister's website and cannot
get it to work in Office 2000.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You should advise in full detail just what you have done. Just the say that
you "have followed the information from Cindy's (sic} Meister's website and
cannot get it to work" does not help anyone tell where you have gone off the
rails.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"KornDog" wrote in message
news
I have Office 2000 and need to create a mail merge to create 400+ reports.
The problem I am having is each report has two chart that should appear
based
on information in the excel data sheet.

I have followed the information from Cindy's Meister's website and cannot
get it to work in Office 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KornDog KornDog is offline

Doug, thanks for responding so quickly. Sorry for being so vague. Cindy
Meister's website, referred to in several posting on this topic, indicates
four ways to create mail merges with charts. The first three are all manual
processes. The last one uses features of Office 2002 to automate charts on
the fly. This is the option I tried.

If I run this code on a PC with Office 2002 it works perfectly. But when I
run it on Office 2000 it does not ever execute the class module. I want to
know if it is possible to create a mail merge file that produces charts
within a mail merge letter/report on the fly using Office 2000.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You should advise in full detail just what you have done. Just the say that
you "have followed the information from Cindy's (sic} Meister's website and
cannot get it to work" does not help anyone tell where you have gone off the
rails.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"KornDog" wrote in message
news
I have Office 2000 and need to create a mail merge to create 400+ reports.
The problem I am having is each report has two chart that should appear
based
on information in the excel data sheet.

I have followed the information from Cindy's Meister's website and cannot
get it to work in Office 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?S29ybkRvZw==?=,

Doug, thanks for responding so quickly. Sorry for being so vague. Cindy
Meister's website, referred to in several posting on this topic, indicates
four ways to create mail merges with charts. The first three are all manual
processes. The last one uses features of Office 2002 to automate charts on
the fly. This is the option I tried.

If I run this code on a PC with Office 2002 it works perfectly. But when I
run it on Office 2000 it does not ever execute the class module. I want to
know if it is possible to create a mail merge file that produces charts
within a mail merge letter/report on the fly using Office 2000.

Doug is correct, the events used aren't available in Word 2000 and earlier.
You'd have to modify the approach to add the charts to the mail merge result
document. Actually, given the level of complexity, I'd probably avoid mail merge
completely and automate the entire report generation, especially if you need 400
separate reports (files).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org