MY SHIFT KEY DOES NOT WORK, ANY IDEAS

Old October 30th 06, 01:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
L.M.

Default MY SHIFT KEY DOES NOT WORK, ANY IDEAS

I CANNOT GET BOTH SHIFT KEYS TO WORK, I AM USING XP MEDIA ADDITION, IT HAS
BEEN WORKING OK BUT MY SOME WAS DOING SOME HOMEWORK WHEN HE GOT A MESSAGE
ABOUT STICKY KEY BUT HE JUST CLEARED IT, SHIFT KEY HAS NOT WORKED SINCE. I
HAVE LOOKED IN THE ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS BUT STICKY KEYS IS NOT TICKED, IF I
TICK IT IT DOES NOT CORRECT THE PROBLEM.
LOGITECH SEEMS TO THINK IT IS A MICROSOFT PROBLEM.
Old October 30th 06, 02:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Borrow another keyboard to test -- it usually turns out to be fingernails,
nose-pickings, and pubic hairs stuck under the keys.

Old October 30th 06, 04:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diana

This is a feature in Word called sticky keys. To turn it on, press the Shift
key five times (which your son probably did by mistake); to turn it off,
press the Shift key fives times.