How can I recover a file that I accidentally replaced?

Old October 30th 06, 09:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Courtney

Default How can I recover a file that I accidentally replaced?

I accidentally had two different files with the same name. By saving the
second one, I replaced the first one which I need. How do I fix this?
Old October 30th 06, 09:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Unless you have it backed up, it's gone.

If the "second one" is still open and it originally was "the first one",
it's possible that you can press Ctrl+Z (undo) repeatedly to undo the
changes that led to the revised version. If so, then press Ctrl+Z until you
get back to where you were, then save that version under a new name.

Otherwise, a backup copy is your only hope. If you have backups turned on in
Word, look for files named Backup*.wbk.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com