How do I fix the location of a picture in a Word document?

Old October 31st 06, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
GB_frustrated

Default How do I fix the location of a picture in a Word document?

I write reports and I take pictures or use Excel grapjhs to illustrate some
point or issue I am trying to describe in the report. I usually like to
place the picture or graph within the report document - usually following the
text description of the issue. However Word appears to make-up its own mind
as to the location of the picture or graph - it jumps all over the report -
hiding other text or pictures. I can not find a way to nail the picture down
to where I want it to remain in the report. HELP!!!!

Old November 1st 06, 08:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
GB_frustrated

I use Word 2003. I finally found it under Format -Picture -Layout -In
line with text. This very obtuse and not intuative. However Thankyou.

Old November 1st 06, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

When you click on the picture, you get the Picture toolbar, which has a Text
Wrapping button that provides quick access to all the wrapping options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Place it In Line With Text. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/DrawLayer.htm

newsgroup so