Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] firstcasualty@googlemail.com is offline

Default Merging Excel data to print checks from Word template

I want to print checks from Word but all the check data I need
is in an Excel spreadsheet.

Two main stumbling blocks - how do I transfer this Excel data into
matching fields in a Word document (three checks a page), like a mail
merge only with a check template?

And, less importantly, as only the check amount numeric features in the

Excel spreadsheet, is there any way to convert the numeric to the
number in words (with the obligatory "+ (cents)/100) at the end),
either before or after merging?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

I want to print checks from Word but all the check data I need
is in an Excel spreadsheet.

Two main stumbling blocks - how do I transfer this Excel data into
matching fields in a Word document (three checks a page), like a mail
merge only with a check template?

This is going to depend on what you mean by "a check template".

If you're allowed to make changes to it, you can certainly set it up for
mail merge. Connect it to the Excel data source and insert mergefields
where the data should go. At the beginning of the second and third checks
on the same page, insert a "Next Record" field (from the Word Fields
dropdown on the mail merge toolbar).

And, less importantly, as only the check amount numeric features in the

Excel spreadsheet, is there any way to convert the numeric to the
number in words (with the obligatory "+ (cents)/100) at the end),
either before or after merging?

Insert the merge field for the number. Select it and press Shift+F9 to
see the field code. At the end of the field code, type in the switch that
converts numbers to text: \* DollarText. Shift+F9 again to hide the field
codes. Example:
{ MergeField Amount \* DollarText }

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Detach or change SQL data source for Word template, and other Qs SJMac Mailmerge 6 July 27th 06 10:12 AM
Yet another letterhead template question tednov Page Layout 2 June 2nd 06 06:12 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
Why isn't all my Excel data merging into my Word labels document? Cindy Meister Mailmerge 0 August 6th 05 09:19 AM