How turn off auto capitalization?

Old November 3rd 06, 07:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack B

Default How turn off auto capitalization?

Word 97 -----

How do I turn off the way that Word auto capitalizes the first letter of a
new paragraph line?

Jack

Old November 3rd 06, 07:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Tools | AutoCorrect Options, but note that Word capitalizes the beginning
of a line only when it's the beginning of a paragraph, which it assumes is
the beginning of a sentence. If you're pressing Enter at the end of each
line, don't; just let Word wrap the lines naturally. If you need an
artificial break before the end of a paragraph, you can insert a line break
(Shift+Enter).

Old November 3rd 06, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack B

Suzanne --

Yes, being familiar with Tools | AutoCorrect Options is what made it so
frustrating when nothing worked.

If you're pressing Enter at the end of each line, don't; just let Word wrap
the lines naturally. If you need an artificial break before the end of a
paragraph, you can insert a line break

Well, I guess I can't simply his Enter for a new paragraph. However, I want
to make new paragraphs and not line breaks so I can format the line
differently.

Jack
------------------------

Old November 4th 06, 12:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack B

Suzanne,

I don't think that option exists in Word 97, unless I'm missing something?

Jack
-----------------------------

Old November 4th 06, 04:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Tools | AutoCorrect in Word 97 I see a radio button for "Capitalize first
letter of sentences."

"Jack B" wrote in message
[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

Old November 4th 06, 05:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack B

Suzanne,

Yep, I was missing something!

Thanks,