how to write a complaint against a co-worker

Old November 6th 06, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jdgm

Default how to write a complaint against a co-worker

this person at work told me in a condescending tone to 'sit there, answer the
phone and look pretty' that's pretty much how he said it but i took it as if
he's saying that i'm nothing more than a pretty face. i took that very
seriously. although answering the phone is part of my job, that's not my
main job. i'm an accountant and we're understaff righ tnow.
Old November 6th 06, 09:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

This newsgroup is designed to advise on the technical aspects of using Word,
not to give advice on the *content* of documents written in Word. It is not
the best place to ask your question. Search the web for advice or examples
(using Google at http://www.google.com/ or another search engine), or use
your imagination.

You sound awfully angry though--you might write out your anger, but it would
be a better idea to toss that letter and wait until you've cooled down to
decide if you really need to do this.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Old November 7th 06, 01:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JSweeney

Although I agree this newsgroup is designed to advise on technical...I would
like to offer advice that I hope will be helpful. It sounds as if the person
telling you to "sit there..." may have been a little frustrated himself -
probably because of the situation of being understaffed and that he had to
ask you to answer phones - not your regular job. Sometimes it helps to put
the situation in the context that "We're a team and we will all do what we
have to under the circumstances to get the job done." But I agree, you
should cool down a little, then consider talking to that person himself about
how his comments made you feel, or talk to your own supervisor about how the
incident made you feel.
--
JSweeney