Keep links when converting .doc to .pdf

Old November 8th 06, 07:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stoutrunna

Default Keep links when converting .doc to .pdf

Hello,
I am using Microsoft Word 2000 and have Adobe Professional 7.0.
I want to make a pdf from a word document and have it keep its links.

This is what I have done and what has happened:
1. Changed Printer to AdobePDF.
2. Selected Print as File.
3. Clicked OK.
4. Typed the name I wish to call it (with no file extension).
5. Pressed OK.
6. It prints out a .prn file instead of a postscript file, and my distiller
does not like the .prn and errors occur. When I force distiller to distill
the .prn, it makes the pdf but no links are available.

If anyone can let me know how I can solve my problem, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thank you,
Scott
Old November 9th 06, 05:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Use the macros that are included in the Acrobat add-in to create the PDF.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old November 9th 06, 01:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stoutrunna

Graham,
Thank you for the help, but I am not really sure what you are talking about.
If you could clarify, that would be great. I know what macros are but I am
not sure how to make them work effectivly.
Scott
Old November 9th 06, 01:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Printing to the Adobe driver is not the same as creating a PDF using the
add-in tools. If Acrobat is installed correctly you should have an Acrobat
toolbar and an Acrobat menu. The latter will allow you to setup options for
creating the PDF, (including the links) the former commits the document to
PDF preserving those settings. Printing to the Adobe driver offers reduced
functionality.

Old November 9th 06, 02:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stoutrunna

Graham,
Thanks again for your help. I have figured it out. I just go to Adobe PDF on
the Menu bar, and click Convert to PDF instead of trying to print a
postscript file.
Thanks again