MSword, how do I type/show 10 to the power of 4

Old November 23rd 06, 12:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenny @ TLGC

Default MSword, how do I type/show 10 to the power of 4

I'm doing a maths course and am trying to provide course work & answers in a
word document for indices and fractions. I cant seem to find these functions
- I'm using Word 2003. Any takers? Kenny
Old November 23rd 06, 12:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

To insert 10 to the power of 4, just type 104 and format the 4 as
superscript (via Format | Font, Font tab).

To create fractions, you can use an EQ field or the equation editor.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old November 23rd 06, 12:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi Kenny

Type 104. Select the 4 and do Format Font. Tick the "Superscript" box and
click OK.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

Old November 23rd 06, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I was working on an Excel spreadsheet yesterday that had a couple of lines
of text at the bottom. There were all something like: X1 = Blah, blah, blah.
See such and such if this condition applies. (The 1 is supposed to be a
subscript number.)

Instead of everything being normal and the one being subscript, the file's
originator formatted the entire sentence as superscript with the exception
of the 1. I left it as it was. All I was supposed to do was to tweak the
size of the print so that it would fit on a single 11 x 17 sheet of paper -
and that's what I did. (Letting that sentence alone was not easy tho.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Kenny @ TLGC" wrote in message
Even better!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

And a shortcut for Superscript is Ctrl+Shift+= (Ctrl+= for Subscript).

so
all may benefit.

Old November 23rd 06, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber

Hi Suzanne,

interesting,
here and now Ctrl+Shift+= result in subscript.

Ctrl+= results in nothing but
increasing the paragraph's spacing before.

I wonder.

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"
Old November 23rd 06, 06:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber

ok Suzanne

these are international issues.
I tested at first with a german keyboard layout.

After switching to US, ctrl (german)
results in superscript.
Ctrl = (german) results in subscript.

No need to explore this further.