Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kfrancis kfrancis is offline

Default Formula Syntax Error in Footer

I am creating a training manual and I would like to have the even numbered
pages be numbered sequentially from 1 to 99 and beyond. I have found a lot
of great information on the discussion group but when I implement the
following formula in the footer, the formula shows up in the footer when
closed and I get a Syntax Error when I print the page out.

The formala that I am using is { = { PAGE } / 2 }

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this to work?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Try { = { PAGE }/2 } and make sure that both sets of field delimiters (the
things that look like braces but can't be entered from the keyboard) are
inserted with Ctrl+F9.

"kfrancis" wrote in message
news
I am creating a training manual and I would like to have the even numbered
pages be numbered sequentially from 1 to 99 and beyond. I have found a

lot
of great information on the discussion group but when I implement the
following formula in the footer, the formula shows up in the footer when
closed and I get a Syntax Error when I print the page out.

The formala that I am using is { = { PAGE } / 2 }

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this to work?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kfrancis kfrancis is offline

Using Ctrl+F9 worked!

Now the problem that I am having is that in the even footer I have { =
{PAGE} / 2} set up and the numbering is working. In the odd footer, I would
like the page number to be the same as the previous even footer. How do I do
that?

Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Try { = { PAGE }/2 } and make sure that both sets of field delimiters (the
things that look like braces but can't be entered from the keyboard) are
inserted with Ctrl+F9.

"kfrancis" wrote in message
news
I am creating a training manual and I would like to have the even numbered
pages be numbered sequentially from 1 to 99 and beyond. I have found a

lot
of great information on the discussion group but when I implement the
following formula in the footer, the formula shows up in the footer when
closed and I get a Syntax Error when I print the page out.

The formala that I am using is { = { PAGE } / 2 }

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this to work?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Use { = ({PAGE} / 2) - .5 }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Try { = { PAGE }/2 } and make sure that both sets of field delimiters
(the
things that look like braces but can't be entered from the keyboard) are
inserted with Ctrl+F9.

so
all may benefit.

"kfrancis" wrote in message
news
I am creating a training manual and I would like to have the even
numbered
pages be numbered sequentially from 1 to 99 and beyond. I have found a

lot
of great information on the discussion group but when I implement the
following formula in the footer, the formula shows up in the footer
when
closed and I get a Syntax Error when I print the page out.

The formala that I am using is { = { PAGE } / 2 }

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this to work?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kfrancis kfrancis is offline

Doug-

Thanks! Something so simple.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use { = ({PAGE} / 2) - .5 }

--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Try { = { PAGE }/2 } and make sure that both sets of field delimiters
(the
things that look like braces but can't be entered from the keyboard) are
inserted with Ctrl+F9.

so
all may benefit.

"kfrancis" wrote in message
news I am creating a training manual and I would like to have the even
numbered
pages be numbered sequentially from 1 to 99 and beyond. I have found a
lot
of great information on the discussion group but when I implement the
following formula in the footer, the formula shows up in the footer
when
closed and I get a Syntax Error when I print the page out.

The formala that I am using is { = { PAGE } / 2 }

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this to work?

Thanks!

Formula - Syntax Error ArchieDog via OfficeKB.com Tables 2 June 8th 06 06:59 AM
If Formula syntax error BigPig Tables 5 February 3rd 06 05:52 PM
Field not updating in footer BarbaraF Page Layout 3 December 5th 05 09:58 AM
footer error on one page only Grace Formatting Long Documents 2 September 27th 05 04:36 PM
Change Footer on pg 2 to be different then the footer on pg 1 Ted Microsoft Word Help 5 January 19th 05 05:45 PM