View/Print Layout Coming up with two pages across

Old December 1st 06, 01:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve

Default View/Print Layout Coming up with two pages across

My Word 2003 has just started showing two pages across on the screen. It
should only be one page.

How do I change Print Layout to show only one page at a time?

This problem just started.
Old December 1st 06, 01:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old December 1st 06, 02:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve

Stefan, this is not what I need. When when I click on View Printlayout it
comes up with side by side pages. It should show just a singlel word.

I now believe the document was bad. I opened File New, and the Print
Layout had a single document. I then selected the text in my original
document and did a copy, and pasted it into the new document. Now in Print
Layout, it shows a single page.

My guess is somehow the document was compromised.

Thanks for putting me on this track.

Steve

Old December 1st 06, 03:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Are you sure the document had not simply been displayed in Reading Layout
View? There's a checkbox to not allow docs opening in that view if you go to
ToolsOptions - General. Clear the checkbox to Allow Starting in Reading
Layout.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

Old December 1st 06, 03:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Go to View | Zoom and select a Zoom setting other than "Two Pages." The Zoom
setting is saved with each individual document, so the view in a new
document is irrelevant to the view in an existing one.

Old December 1st 06, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve

Suzzane,

Hey, you got it! Thank you. Somehow my zoom had changed to 50% and when I
went to Print Layout, it showed two pages side-by-side. When I changed the
Zoom to 100% all was well. I played with Zoom, and it was fine until I got
to 50%, and the two pages would come up sid-by-side in Print Layout.

Thank you all for your persistence in helping me solve this problem (of
which the solution was in front of me. :-))

Happy holidays.

Steve

Old December 1st 06, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think it's undocumented that if you go below a specific Zoom level
(depending on window size and available area), Word automatically displays
two pages even though you don't specifically ask for Two Pages. I'm not sure
how I feel about that, actually.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Go to View | Zoom and select a Zoom setting other than "Two Pages." The

Zoom
setting is saved with each individual document, so the view in a new
document is irrelevant to the view in an existing one.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Old August 24th 07, 02:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
akyhne

Avoid two pages at zoom:

If you know how to make your own toolmenu, you can use this macro:

Sub Makro1()
With ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom
.PageFit = wdPageFitFullPage
.Percentage = 25