spacebar not working in Word but works in other programs?

Old December 8th 06, 07:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
cmspring

Default spacebar not working in Word but works in other programs?

I have been trying to type a document and can not get the space bar to do
anything. However it works outside of Word. Does anybody know how to fix this?
Old December 8th 06, 08:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan

Look to see if other letters do work and if they overwrite existing letters.
If so, you have accidentally toggled overwrite. Press INS once or click
twice on OVR on bottom taskbar.

Old December 8th 06, 08:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
cmspring

I can type however I just can not get the spacebar to space. The letters are
not overwriting. Any other suggestions?

Old December 9th 06, 05:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

My guess is a corrupt normal.dot template (or interaction with an add-in)
see if it is corrected by running Word in its safe mode (start Word whilst
holding the CTRL key). If that fixes it the solution is in the second link.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old December 9th 06, 07:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RajKohli

My guess is check the Character Spacing for Format - Font.

Default a

Scale: 100%
Spacing: Normal By: Blank

Set them as above and click Default button.
--
If you found this post helpful then "Rate this Post".

"cmspring" wrote in message
I have been trying to type a document and can not get the space bar to do
anything. However it works outside of Word. Does anybody know how to fix
this?

Why dont MS just f**king re-write Word from scratch? Its dogsh*t Word Hater Microsoft Word Help 32 November 4th 13 10:19 PM
How to put graphics on envelopes? Steve Koenig Microsoft Word Help 20 September 14th 07 04:40 PM
Why can't I get Multiple instances of word? Laverne Microsoft Word Help 14 November 17th 06 01:35 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Word 97 in Windows XP to maintain formatting Charlie''s Word VBA questions Microsoft Word Help 21 October 24th 05 09:49 PM