Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Darren Mease Darren Mease is offline

Default Vertical alignment in table cells

Hi All,

I have a table, and the text in the first column is aligned to the top of the cell. In the second column the text is aligned to the bottom. When searching on help for 'vertical alignment' it advises to go to page setup and check the document settings, which I can confirm is set to 'top alignment'. Has anybody any ideas? This thing is driving me crazy!

cheers,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Vertical alignment in table cells is not set in Page Setup but in Table
Properties (Cell tab). It is also on some of the shortcut menus effective in
tables. I have added it to more of the table shortcut menus because I wanted
it more generally available, so I can't tell you exactly which ones it's on
by default.

"Darren Mease" darren.mease AT boxingorange.com wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a table, and the text in the first column is aligned to the top of

the cell. In the second column the text is aligned to the bottom. When
searching on help for 'vertical alignment' it advises to go to page setup
and check the document settings, which I can confirm is set to 'top
alignment'. Has anybody any ideas? This thing is driving me crazy!

cheers,

want cells in a table to copy data from cells in another table Conrad D. Farner Tables 2 September 27th 06 04:21 PM
Merged cells Jorge Tables 6 August 30th 06 12:20 AM
Table Format Style vs. Table Text Style WebColin Page Layout 11 December 1st 05 11:29 PM
Document Styles should be assignable to fonts in Table AutoFormat Natasha A. Tables 5 November 11th 05 05:49 PM
Text space in table cells in Word 2003 (using Windows XP) Jaykay Tables 1 December 2nd 04 11:16 AM