Having side by side tables or columns

Old December 19th 06, 07:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Hellie

Default Having side by side tables or columns

I want to create side by side columns (like newspaper columns), but I want to
be able to insert text in each column as I progress down the page. I can't
seem to figure out how to do that. I can create the columns, but I don't
know how to make them both accessible at the same time. Can someone help me?
Thanks.

Old December 19th 06, 07:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman

You just start with a two-column, one-row table. Write stuff in each column.
When you come to the next place where the contents of the two columns must
align with each other, press the Tab key at the end of the right-hand
column, or click Table Insert Rows Below, to start a new table row.

The table's borders don't have to be printable. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Gridlines.htm.

If you need to know more about tables, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TableBasics.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For this you will need a table instead.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

Old December 19th 06, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Hellie

I want two separate columns separated by blank space. Appreciate your help,
but I already know how to do what you suggested. I could use tables, too,
but I also want them separate with a vertical space in between.

Old December 20th 06, 12:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You can either add to the cell margins or use a three-column table, the
center column being narrow and empty.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

You just start with a two-column, one-row table. Write stuff in each

column.
When you come to the next place where the contents of the two columns

must
align with each other, press the Tab key at the end of the right-hand
column, or click Table Insert Rows Below, to start a new table row.

The table's borders don't have to be printable. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Gridlines.htm.

If you need to know more about tables, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TableBasics.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Old January 8th 07, 10:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
challa prabhu

Its very simple. You have to make two or three columns of text boxes. Right
click the border of the first text box, click "Create text box link", and
select the next column. Similarly click the second text box and click "Create
text box link". Now type text in the first column. If the content excceds the
first text box, they automatically flows to the seconf box.

Challa Prabhu