How do I change the actual header and footer margins?

Old December 21st 06, 03:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
latwood

Default How do I change the actual header and footer margins?

How do I change the actual header and footer margins?

I need my page margins to be different than my header margins....
Old December 21st 06, 04:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc

Latwood,
If you mean the left and right margins of the header/footer, you can't, you
can use the indent markers and drag them to the left or right. Which is not
the same as changing the margins.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

Old December 21st 06, 04:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

And if you're referring to the header and footer margins per se, those
settings are on the Layout tab of Page Setup. By default they are *not* the
same as the Top and Bottom margins.

Old December 21st 06, 05:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

You can change the distance from the edge of the paper; it's the "From
edge" measurements in File | Page Setup. But if you want a header
"gutter," that is, some space between the header and the text body,
you'd have to add some Spacing After (via Format | Paragraph, Indents
and Spacing tab) to the bottom paragraph of the header (or Spacing
Before to the top paragraph of the footer).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP