How do I remove the paragraph symbol from my documents on screen?

Old January 6th 07, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melanie

Default How do I remove the paragraph symbol from my documents on screen?

Somehow, I inadvertantly iinserted the parapgraph symbol into my Word
documents. Whenever I create a new doc, the symbol appears throughout at the
beginning and ends of paraprahps while I'm typing. When I print my document,
the symbols don't appear. But it is very annoying to have the symbols on
screen. I can't fiind a way to remove them. Help! Please!
Old January 6th 07, 09:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

It's called a pilcrow. Hit the button with that symbol on your tool bar one
time.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Old January 10th 07, 01:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melanie

Default How do I remove the paragraph symbol from my documents on scre

Thanks. That pilcrow wasn't on my tool bar, but it was simple to add it and
then delete it from my doc. I feel kinda stupid! Thanks for the help.

Old January 10th 07, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Show/Hide ΒΆ button is on the Standard toolbar by default. If you are not
seeing it, it's because you've got adaptive menus enabled and/or Standard
and Formatting toolbars on one row. You can change both these settings on
the Options tab of Tools | Customize.

For some reasons why you might want to see nonprinting characters
(formatting marks), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm